LifeYear is a missions immersion program that develops, supports, and empowers anyone desiring to pursue international missions long-term.
Our missions immersion program is designed to help those with a strong desire to minister in another nation discover God’s specific ministry assignment for their life.
Explore Your Year
The full LifeYear process can take up to eighteen months to complete. Here’s what your year might look like.
BEFORE YOU GO
The LifeYear journey is one of adventure and exploration! You’ll work with experienced missionaries to assess your preparedness for international missions. It starts by speaking with your pastor or campus director for a recommendation to the LifeYear immersion program. Next, you will go to LifeYear website, everynation.org/lifeyear, and fill out the questionnaire, you begin training with the support of your sending church, your receiving church, and the LifeYear team. Your preparation includes: LifeYear orientation, partnership development, spiritual & character formation, ministry & cross-cultural skills, coaching & mentoring, and an official send-off by your local church.
You will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in another culture, build lifelong relationships, discover unique ways of doing things and seeing the world around you. Ultimately God will work in you and through you in surprising ways. Over this year-long journey, you will move through four phases: Settling, Serving, Strategizing, and Sowing. Your ministry assignment leader at the receiving church will guide you through this process; together you will discover how you best fit within the team. Back home your sending church and the LifeYear team will continue to provide ongoing connection, guidance, and encouragement. By the end of your year, our prayer is that you will gain clarity on God’s calling for your life!
ONCE YOU RETURN
Once you return, you’ll have time to rest and reconnect with your sending church, friends, and family. There will be opportunities to review your trip with the LifeYear team and your local church leaders. During this time of reflection, you will begin to move forward into the calling that has been clarified through the LifeYear program. If long-term international missions is for you, your sending church and the LifeYear team will help you take the next steps on your ministry journey. Whatever you discover, our aim is to help you honor God and make the most impact in your world.
Minimum Qualifying Experience
There are two ways to apply to be a LifeYear Missionary:
Path 1) LifeYear Intern:
Every Nation will consider you for the internship program if you meet the following qualifications:
- An active member in good standing of a local EN church or ENC chapter
- Current church or campus intern looking to serve overseas
- Recommendation from local EN sending pastor
- Short term missions experience with team leader recommendation
- Small group leader recommendation
- Willingness to raise full financial partnership team before leaving for overseas assignment.
- At least 18 years of age with a high school diploma, 1 year of college recommended
- Passion for missions but unsure of long term call
- Completed an Experiencing Spiritual Freedom or Victory Weekend in the past year
- Please complete our LifeYear Internship Questionnaire to apply for the LifeYear Internship Program.
Path 2) LifeYear Employment:
Every Nation will consider you for employment if you meet the following qualifications:
- All internship program qualifications are met
- Every Nation Sending church recommendation
- 2+ years of ministry work experience or as an EN intern
- Advanced ministry and cross-cultural training in one of the following:
- Leadership 215
- School of Ministry
- Bible college or Seminary degree + Selected leadership 215 classes
- Willingness to raise full financial partnership before leaving for overseas assignment.
- Please complete the LifeYear Missionary Questionnaire to apply for LifeYear
For general questions about our LifeYear programs, please fill out our Contact Form.